Stuart D. Morse
Stuart D. Morse & Associates, LLC, as a firm, was formed January 2011. It was formed by Mr. Morse after an extensive and successful career at a firm that formerly focused on the defense of insurers and their insured's. After, he believed, the focus of that firm shifted away from defense of insurers and their insureds, Mr. Morse formed this firm specifically with the intent to reassure his clients of his dedication to them and to redirect and refine his skills into an even more efficient supplier of quality legal services.
Mr. Morse has always been a trial attorney. While in law school, he tried cases under the auspices of the Colorado Student Practice Act. Upon graduation from law school, he worked for a small boutique commercial litigation firm where he began to refine his craft as a trial attorney. Recognizing that there would be more opportunity to try cases in the area of personal injury matters, he migrated to another small firm to take over its bodily injury department. After gaining more experience, he next went to work at a very busy insurance defense firm where he tried many cases.
Mr. Morse became a shareholder in that former firm and continued to try increasingly difficult and important cases. He, at the same time was also responsible for the training and development of the firm's associate attorneys. Those lawyers have since gone on to start their own firms and have become very successful. He also argued many cases both at trial and in the Colorado Court of Appeals as well as the Colorado Supreme Court. He is responsible for numerous reported and unreported appellate decisions.
Over the years, Mr. Morse has tried to successful result numerous cases involving serious injuries, extreme property losses, fires, fraud and construction matters. All of his successes have resulted in an uncommonly diverse and detailed experience in a wide variety of matters. As a further result, he has become a recognized expert litigator and counselor. He has an innate ability to evaluate and solve difficult legal issues.
Areas Of Practice
- Insurance Defense
- Colorado, 1987
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- J.D. - 1987
- Purdue University
- B.A. - 1984
- Trailside Townhome Ass'n v. Acierno, 880 P.2d 1197; 1994 Colo. LEXIS 741; 18 BTR 1520, 1994, Supreme Court of Colorado, 93SC412
- State Farm Mut. Auto. Ins. Co. v. Broadnax, 827 P.2d 531; 1992 Colo. LEXIS 274; 16 BTR 466, 1992, Supreme Court of Colorado, 91SA175, 91SA129
- Justi v. RHO Condo. Ass'n, 2011 Colo. App. LEXIS 1049, 2011, Court of Appeals of Colorado, Division Seven, 10CA0521
- Farmers Ins. Exch. v. Anderson, 2010 Colo. App. LEXIS 1585, 2010, Court of Appeals of Colorado, Division Two, 09CA1860
- Travelers Prop. Cas. Co. of Am. v. Farmers Ins. Exch., 240 P.3d 521; 2010 Colo. App. LEXIS 820, 2010, Court of Appeals of Colorado, Division Two, 09CA0830
- Wagner v. Grange Ins. Ass'n, 166 P.3d 304; 2007 Colo. App. LEXIS 1207, 2007, Court of Appeals of Colorado, Division Four, 06CA0172
- Ahmadi v. Allstate Ins. Co., 22 P.3d 576; 2001 Colo. App. LEXIS 421; 2001 Colo. J. C.A.R. 1385, 2001, Court of Appeals of Colorado, Division Four, 00CA0516
- Mid-Century Ins. Co. v. Heritage Drug, Ltd., 3 P.3d 461; 1999 Colo. App. LEXIS 303; 2000 Colo. J. C.A.R. 6411, 1999, Court Of Appeals Of Colorado, Division Five, 98CA1138
- Artery v. Allstate Ins. Co., 984 P.2d 1187; 1999 Colo. App. LEXIS 219; 1999 Colo. J. C.A.R. 4687, 1999, Court of Appeals of Colorado, Division One, 98CA0181
- Fire Ins. Exch. v. Bentley, 953 P.2d 1297; 1998 Colo. App. LEXIS 25; 1998 Colo. J. C.A.R. 600, 1998, Court of Appeals of Colorado, Division Four, 96CA1531
- Christoph for Aguero v. Colorado Communs. Corp., 946 P.2d 519; 1997 Colo. App. LEXIS 54, 1997, Court of Appeals of Colorado, Division One, 95CA1474
- Shean v. Farmers Ins. Exch., 934 P.2d 835; 1996 Colo. App. LEXIS 221; 20 BTR 1151, 1996, Court of Appeals of Colorado, Division Four, 95CA0235
- Farmers Ins. Exch. v. American Mfrs. Mut. Ins. Co., 897 P.2d 880; 1995 Colo. App. LEXIS 131; 19 BTR 708, 1995, Court of Appeals of Colorado, Division Four, 93CA1889
- State Farm Mut. Auto. Ins. Co. v. Parrish, 899 P.2d 285; 1994 Colo. App. LEXIS 402; 18 BTR 2243, 1994, Court of Appeals of Colorado, Division Five, 93CA1337
- Compton v. State Farm Mut. Auto. Ins. Co., 870 P.2d 545; 1993 Colo. App. LEXIS 229; 17 BTR 1351, 1993, Court of Appeals of Colorado, Division One, 92CA0786
- Acierno v. Trailside Townhome Ass'n., 862 P.2d 975; 1993 Colo. App. LEXIS 114; 17 BTR 683, 1993, Court of Appeals of Colorado, Division Three, 92CA0787